Friday 29 January 2016

UK ‘SHIPPING FRAUD’ PALAVER : DINGA BOBGA DERRICK WRITES…READ FULL REJOINDER AND BLOGGER’s NOTE

Following the publication of an article on the blog www.soloamabo.blogspot.com, http://soloamabo.blogspot.co.za/2016/01/cameroonians-in-uk-hunt-compatriot-over.htmlentitled
DERRICK BOBGA DINGA

“ Cameroonians in UK Hunt Compatriot Over Shipping Fraud Allegations" on January 24 2016 we received a rejoinder from Barrister Lima Richard, who gives what he terms the version of his client Dinga Derrick Bobga.  

The rejoinder comes days after intimidating threats of arrest, and death on this reporter. (We shall return to these intimidations and threats in another article).

Below is the full rejoinder from Barrister Lima Richard


Subject: Rejoinder


Dear Mr SOLOMON,

I act as counsel and legal representative of Mr. DINGA Derrick BOBGA and have his firm instruction to reply to your electronic article titled: “CAMEROONIANS IN U.K HUNT COMPATRIOT OVER SHIPPING FRAUD ALLEGATIONS”.

I will like to note with regrets, that you did not sacrifice adequate time and patience to come out with a balanced and objective story.

I am not through this missive questioning your professional competence but I have the impression that those who are at the genesis of this supposed “shipping fraud allegation” misled you.

Also worth mentioning here is the fact that you cited the names of persons; notably the relatives of Mr DINGA Derrick who have nothing to do with the shipment transactions in question.

The senior custom official you made mentioned of in your article is a personality of very high repute and honesty.  You are free to verify. He has never and has nothing to do with Derrick’s business transactions.  He reserves the right to engage legal action for defamation.

You also claimed to have been in contact with one Richard who is the business manager of Derrick DINGA in Cameroon and who allegedly told you, he is also a victim.  When I contacted him, he blatantly told me your story is false.  Needless to dwell in the polemics between you and Richard.

That said, this is the version of my client, Mr DINGA Derrick;

Rexon Nting Tayong contacted me when he bought a Toyota Hiace which he intended to ship to Cameroon. He explained to me that the seller was getting angry for leaving the Van at her premises after paying for it due to the fact that he had no where to park the van before shipping it. He pleaded that I should store the Van at my yard then ship it when I was ready and I agreed to do so. The Van was shipped and all details of shipment confirmed with Rexon, so he could follow up. We did not set a delivery deadline of the van.

Rexon was quoted 1.5 million CFA for the Customs duty of the Van. Rexon loaded additional goods to fill up the Van and we agreed that based on the size of a Long Wheeled base Van, he was to pay an additional 300,000frs on collection of his Van in Cameroon because I would normally use the space in the Van to load my own personal effects. We agreed on this and I asked him if he was going to purchase shipping insurance to cover his Van and content as I do not accept liability over goods loaded in cars. His reply was “it is not worth it”. When the container arrived Douala, he was updated and I gave him Mr Tanyi Richards telephone number to communicate with him if need be. I gave him all the details and told him we were having financial difficulties since other clients had not finished up their payments for us to clear off the goods. Rexon contacted me in November 2015, with threats that he was told I cleared the container already and sold his goods. I told him the story was false and he could verify at the ports using the details.  He insulted me and told me, he was going to teach me a lesson, and was calling me names and throwing insinuating words at me.  He kept calling me at times from withheld numbers and threatening me; so I stopped answering anonymous calls because Rexon was stressing me up. I was getting phone calls as early as 4am from Rexon. If people are shipping and owing me left and right how do they expect me to clear their goods in time?”


That is the version of my client.

My client currently has two containers at the Douala seaport pending clearance.

With references, B/L N° 567195565, TC N° TEXU 5602289 and B/L 768097807, TC PONU 7955548;

If you harbour any doubts, you can use the above mentioned references to verify whether these containers are effectively at the Douala Ports.  The relevant customs duties have been paid and other charges will be paid in the days ahead for the containers to be cleared.

All in all, my client and the others whose names were cited in your article have suffered immeasurable and irreparable damages and reserve the right to seek legal redress in the courts of law.

I am equally insisting that this missive which serves as our rights to reply to your article be given same publicity.

Anything short of that will leave us with no other option than seizing the competent authority for justice to be done.

Accept my sincere regards.

LIMA Richard
Barrister at law


Tel ( +237 6 77519594                               Pat_monthe@yahoo.fr  


END OF REJOINDER
------------------------------------------------------------


BLOGGER'S NOTE 

Dear Barrister

ON BALANCED STORY

I think I sacrificed adequate time and published a balanced and objective story. My story was published 48 hours after the alleged ‘fraud alert’ raised by Dr Rexon Tayong Nting. (Here in after referred to as Dr Nting). I did all I could within that 48 hours to speak to your client and finally got to Mr Richard whom I was informed was Manager of Mr Derrick Bobga. 


DR NTING : I'M NOT THE LONE VICTIM
Other moves were made to speak to the other people who were mentioned by Dr Nting in his ‘alert.’   By speaking to Richard I think I spoke to all the parties concerned. 


I don’t have the impression I was misled or that the story was not balanced and objective. Permit me to ask what relationship your client has with Mr Richard?

CITING NAMES OF OTHERS

Barrister, I never cited the names of any relative of your client Mr Dinga Derrick Bobga in the news article. Look at the article again (http://soloamabo.blogspot.co.za/2016/01/cameroonians-in-uk-hunt-compatriot-over.html).   The names mentioned are direct quotations from Mr Rexon Nting. He is the one speaking and not me. I do hope the original story is not distorted in any form.

Moreover, I am in no position to judge the moral rectitude, repute or honesty of the senior custom official you make allusion to. I am repeating that Dr Nting is the person I was quoting. I don’t see how legal action can be taken against me. And even if it were taken I will tell which ever court my own side of the story.

 CONVERSATION WITH RICHARD

On Mr Richard, you quote him as saying I am lying that I spoke to him.

Barrister, here again, we are in an ICT age. Please petition the courts to give you an order to check the telephone calls of Mr Richard of Sunday 24 January 2016. There must be 6 missed calls at the following times:

RICHARD: TRUTH HAS POWER
1 Missed call 2:42 A M

2 Mised call 7: 59 M

3 Mised call 8:00 AM

4 Mised call 8:01 AM

5 Mised call 8: 03 AM

6 Mised call 8:05 AM

The 7th Call which Richard answred was at 8:24 AM. Our conversation/interview lasted exactly 0 hrs 1 Min 59 secs.

I suggest you simply take a court order and verify with the mobile service provider and listen to our conversation. I do not know how to lie and I reserve the right to engage legal action for anyone who lies against me. In addition, I got Mr Richard’s picture which I used for the story only after recording his telephone number and discovered that he was on 'whatsapp'. The article carried a question whether from what he said he was a victim or an alleged accomplice. I am not surprised he is refusing like Pontius Pilate that he never spoke to me given his apparent close relationship with your client. Remember one of the complainant posted on Facebook that the sum of 1.8 million was transferred to Mr Richard’s account on behalf of Derrick Bobga, your client.

VERIFYING CONTAINERS NOT MY JURISDICTION

Also I posit that it is not my duty to verify whether your client has containers at the Douala port or not but those concerned. I have nothing to say about the ‘version’ of your client. Those who shipped goods and can’t get those goods months after are better placed to appreciate your client’s version.


TROUBLED GOODS

CLIENT ADMITS THERE IS PROBLEM

Barrister permit me observe the fact that your client admits that there is a container/ shipment issue in which Dr Nting (and many others?) and that your client stopped answering what he describes as anonymous calls.


WHO WRITES THE REJOINDER?

I also note that your rejoinder is neither signed nor dated and I can’t locate the physical address of your office. Secondly, the signatory is Barrister Lima Richard whereas the email accompanying the rejoinder is that of Barrister Pat Monthe (pat_monthe@yahoo.fr Tel +237 6 77519594) Who is who here?  



                     WE RESPECT LAW ON SOCIAL COMMUNICATION

Barrister, as a law abiding Cameroonian and journalist, I publish your client’s rejoinder on the same forum/blog (www.soloamabo.blogsport.com) on which the article was published according to Section 53 of the 1990 law on Social Communication in Cameroon.


MORE GOODS
Accept Barrister, my kind regards

Solomon Amabo,
Journalist, Media Consultant,Blogger.     
Editorial Office:
9th Floor, Orion House,
Johannesburg, South Africa,
Tel: +27(0)786270155
Email: soloamabo@yahoo.co.uk

8 comments:

  1. I think The barrister is right. You did a shitty job of investigating the facts. Admit it and apologize. How can interviewing one person for two minutes lead you to conclude that you spoke to "all" of them?? Come on. And you grabbed someone's picture from their profile and use it without their permission??? What code of ethics are you operating on? Lastly, I see you trying to hide behind Dr Nting for citing people's names whom you didn't bother verifying nor think you should, what happens when Dr Nting refuses that he did not say it? Oh... I see, you will ask for a court order to petition O2 for your phone records with him too. What a shame!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a time limit for a container to be left at the ports in Douala after which it is auctioned. If you collect things from people you as a shipper need to reserve money to sort out clearing in case some clients don't pay
    So do you mean people who have paid their their duty will be punished because and lose their goods because you don have money to clear. Derricks Victims are so many. Why did he surface just after this publication to threaten his victims. How do we want Africa to ever grow. You have victims right there Cameroon who have taken out loans, we know the condition of obtaining a loan in Cameroon. Lets not be greedy here men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop using your blog to take sides on issues you know nothing about- just to get fame. Your 48 hours research is the most incompetent I have ever heard of in my research life especially as your primary data was collected from an inadequate sample size- 1 person.

    Next time try being unbiased with your stories and your blog can become sustainably famous. If you ever studied journalism you will know that the first thing about your profession is unbiased reports...

    That said... This is a very disturbing story and all I can say is Derrick is a genuinely good and well brought up guy...it will all end amicably and his business will continue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Shelly T. Do you have prove that these foods have been auctioned? Derick has prove that the items are at the ports and also guys you don't know anything about container so ask well before making comments. This journalist is the most unprofessional I have ever seen or heard of. He thinks he can hide behind Dr Nting. This journalist taking someones picture from their whatsapp profile how does he know this it is the person. what if that picture was not his picture. Shame on Cameroon Journalism. He interviews the guy for 1min 59secs and calls it an investigation? wonders shall never end. Stupid Journalist. To those who claim to be Rich and Phd holders God has already punished them in one way or the other. Let them look at their lives well and say if what is happening to them is normal! I live in Basingstoke and I know these guys. Phd, Money, job what else?????but SAD LIFESTYLE. People who do hear say in Basingstoke with their Nchinda boy sniffing women around and capitalizing on gossip with women. Shame !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear all i have been following this issue so closely as well. Don't think you have the monopoly of abuse in this forum/blog. In short do not kill the messenger but try to consume the message. How can Derick claim goods are at the ports without showing proves. It is simply clear that a net work of traffickers have been unmasked and they are trying to hide their heads in the sand. All these jibs will not help but paying back what rightfully belong to the people is what matters

      Delete
    2. Why you write as an anonymous. He has given numbers for verifications if his story dont suit you go verify. I already did. As for Mr Solomon this long explanation u write so you don start di fear nor. Need to observe professionality. ICT age doesnt justify anything. You saw an opportunity to generate traffic to your blog and exploited to the detriment of Mr Derrick. You should be sued. To a lay man with that story you put up there in a bid to explain yourself is shit. You will lose woefully. As for Mr nting. Not strange.

      Delete
    3. Sir, Anonymous, I dont hide my identity. Put your name and adressse. Sue me i will appear in court. IT WOULD BE FACTS AGAINST FACTS. DO YOU KNOW THAT ALL THOSE CONCERNED HAVE NOT COLLECTED THEIR GOODS TILL TODAY? NOT A SINGLE GOOD? I DONT NEED SUCH A SHAMEFUL STORY TO PULL TRAFFIC ON MY BLOG. SORRY. I HAVE MUCH TO DO FOR CAMEROONIANS. EVIL CAN NEVER DEFEAT JUSTICE. YOU ARE JOKING!

      Delete